Tuesday, March 9

Girlthrive Photo Project and Youtube Project!

Hey there Gals!

 Go to the "donate to girlthrive" link and check out our gorgeus brochure.  It is gorgeus because many of your photos are on there!! I am doing a girlthrive photo project- I want to add more photos to the Girlthrive Inc. brochure and also put a page on the site- Let's put together lots and lots of faces of sex abuse- faces that are moving forward, moving on, moving beyond sex abuse! The world needs to see the many different faces of the girls and young women who refuse to let sex abuse ruin their lives!! Just email me your photo and I will send you a release form in the snail mail. Let's represent! Different cities, different countries!

I am also going to make a film with girls reading from "Invisible Girls" - Let me know if you are interested and we can start with Youtube-

Give me your ideas!

You go girls!! xoxox dr. p

5 comments:

Megs said...

The brochure looks great :) ( weird seeing my face there, but also very cool!)

And I'd love to be a part of the Youtube project (that is if you want the horrible Kiwi accent represented :P )

Keep up the great work Dr P- your such an amazingly kind and giving person, achieving wonderful things, and doing so much for us survivors that no one else would be willing to- so thankyou xx

Sabelle said...

The brochure looks amazing!!! You did a great job and I must full heartedly applaud those girls who had the courage to put their faces on it. I admire you all so so much! I hope one day I will have that courage too.
The work you are doing Dr. Patti, truly inspires me everyday. I have some art that I can send. I think I did email some recently. If you'd like I can send again.
Thank you!
Sabelle

ps- see you in philly!

Angel said...

that is an amazing idea. I'll send some pics and I would also like to do the video reading thing too.

Dr Patti said...

If you know how to do youtube- I DON'T ! If you can send me a private youtube reading a couple of paragraphs from the book, ones that resonate with you- send pleeezzzzzz. I am in the process of figuring out what we will do. But my vision is to have many girls reading from the book- on Youtube. Your ideas? thoughts? xoxox p

Dr Patti said...

We are moving along with our youtube project, please email me about info on our Invisible becoming Visible project! xo dr. p


About "Invisible Girls"

United States
"Invisible Girls" tells the truth about sexual abuse as no other book has! Rather than me telling you how the book is touching girls around the world, I will tell you what they are saying! Now in 2009 we have our new and revised edition of "Invisible Girls" - we have added 100 pages, a chapter about prostituion as sex abuse, a chapter filled with emails recieved over the past 5 years- Please check out our 2nd edition! xo dr. p "Invisible Girls has saved my life. I was afraid that I was the only girl keeping these secrets, and when I read "Invisible Girls" I starting telling about my abuse, and suddenly I knew I could be alright"- Sue 18 years old "Invisible Girls" is short of a miracle- I read it whenever I feel alone. It helps me to deal and grow and go on."- Tamar 17 years old "Until I read "Invisible Girls" I was afraid to tell what happened to me. Now my mum is supportive and I know I can heal" Britney 14 years old